WNJR is holding a campus-wide Jingle Contest. A jingle is a short song or tune played on the air as part of a radio station’s branding.* Jingles can be a cappella or set to music, and feature a wide range of vocal and instrumentation styles. Content creators from all majors are encouraged to participate!
First Prize: $45 W&J gift card and your jingle played on-air in 2021
Second Prize: $30 W&J gift card and your jingle played on-air in 2021
Third Prize: $15 W&J gift card and your jingle played on-air in 2021
- You must be a current Washington & Jefferson College student. WNJR work-study students are ineligible to participate; all other student broadcasters are permitted to enter.
- Your jingle should be 10-30 seconds, and must include the line: “91.7 FM WNJR Washington”
- All music and audio content must be your own original creation. You can come up with your own slogan, use references to Washington & Jefferson College, or use WNJR’s own “College Radio” tag. Be creative!
- Your submission must be ready-to-air (no “demo tapes”).
- Your submission must be emailed to JingleContest@WNJR.org. as an MP3 file attachment or share link. Use “WNJR Jingle Contest” as the subject line. You will receive a response to confirm your submission. Please include your full name and class year in the email.
- One entry per student. Entries submitted on behalf of a group or student organization should have one person as the representative.
- All submissions must be received by 11:59PM on April 4.
- Entries will be judged by WNJR’s work-study student staff. Winners will be announced in early April.
- Please email any questions to JingleContest@wnjr.org.
*Here are some examples of radio jingles:
“KDKA 1020 Pittsburgh - KDKA Jingle Montage - 1950s – 1990s” https://youtu.be/Nv8ORpr03Aw